Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day

Hello, Grace here!!



  This blog post is going to be short and sweet, as I was only reporter for a day.








 Friday was the first day of school, starting with circle time.


   Mom (or should I say Mrs. Mom) read a story called Funny Lunch, written by Max Spaniel.






    After circle time, we headed to the back table and started to write in our journals to the journal prompt.


Journal Prompt: Describe one time you were Brave

 In the photos below, Jackson and Gabby are shown working hard on their drawings.









Gabby and I had a little break, and it was MRS. mom and Jackson's one on one time to learn math and spelling.






    Gabby went off and did her Social Studies on a site called den school.



     The subject was Maps. They asked Gabby to Map her bedroom.



 Below is a photo of Gabby mapping the door frame.




  While Gabby was mapping, Jackson was learning his fractions while my father took apart the pool.


Below is a photo of Jack learning fractions





   After hard work and concentration, it was time for lunch.




    After lunch, we took a field trip to the Library to pick out books.



Below is a photo of Jackson searching for a good book.














  That is all we did on Friday, August 16th.





 I look forward to being reporter again. Thank you,  and good night.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start! Have a blessed school year Miller family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Grace! You don't remember me but I was with your amazing parents the day that you and your sister were born~your Mom is forever in my heart as a lifelong friend no matter the miles that seperate us. I have loved to watch you grow up and I think what you are doing with learning at home is AWESOME! Say hi to everyone for me and keep up the great work. <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete